Monday, October 16, 2017

A Soul for an angel

   It was a rainy day and we were flying. The rain wouldn't have stopped us anyways, not where we're going. The graveyard was the final destination for the day. And for one of us the end. I knew he would come and I was ready but, she had know idea what I was planning. All I told her was that I was going to talk to him. And she could wait at the entrance. But, I lied.
   
     "What happens when the devil comes?" she asked unaware of her previous fate. "When he comes just wait for me like you promised. "You promise to come back?" "Yes." I answered knowing it would be many years before that happened.
    We soon reached the graveyard and landed our wings folding behind us. And then I left her. And walked in alone. He was already waiting with the black chains. He probably knew what I was planning but, in the end it didn't matter whose soul he had.
    I walked to him and spoke"My soul for her freedom" His eyes glowed crimson as he smirked. "Done." He said and tossed the chains around me. Enslaved he then dragged me down. Into the land were death ruled hand in hand with chaos. Torment became a daily occurrence and I soon became different.
   Eventually,  I guess she found out because I watched the stars cry and nights grow colder. But, I never regretted my choice.  Her grief will move on and her strength return. Because while happiness and peace may be illusions, and sorrow and death aren't. Things like peace and joy give people like her something to believe in. To help them make differences. She once told me it true what they say and now I believe it.   " A coward dies a thousand deaths but,a hero only die once."



Don't worry about the devil
I'll give my soul for yours,
Then you'll be free from pain and death,
You flew away on wings of white
While mine turned to twilight. 
&
My final act was to save
My final breath was goodbye,
Before I turned to raze
I said remember all my days. 
&
My wings are bent and broken
My spirit he has taken,
But, please don't cry my angel friend
I promise to see you in the end.
(c) L.S.R

No comments:

Post a Comment